Rap superstar, Cardi B is, at least for now, quitting Instagram, but not before she gets in the last word.
Following criticism that she was undeserving of her best rap album Grammy win and some social media drama where she was pinned against her nemesis Nicki Minaj by the BET Network, the „Bodak Yellow“ rapper got heated in an expletive-filled rant on her Instagram.
The video, which was captured by a fan account, has since been deleted and was followed by Cardi, 26, deactivating her Instagram entirely.
– It’s not my style for people to put other people down to uplift somebody else – she began in the clip, referencing the dig BET made at Nicki, which said she was „being dragged by her lacefront“ after Cardi’s Grammy win.
— Music News Facts (@musicnewsfact) February 11, 2019
The „I Like It“ rapper continued her rant by reflecting on the reactions from last year’s Grammys results. Cardi earned two nominations in best rap performance and best rap song for her track „Bodak Yellow“ but did not win for either one.
– I remember last year when I didn’t win for „Bodak Yellow“ and everybody was like, „Cardi got snubbed“ – she recalled. – Now this year’s a f— problem?! My album went two-time platinum, my n—, and every chart that there was, my album was always Top 10. Number one album, as well.
Defending this year’s win, Cardi noted how she „worked her ass off“ and spent endless hours in the studio, despite being pregnant with her daughter Kulture Kiari, now 7 months.
– I locked myself in the studio for three months, my n—. Didn’t go to sleep in my bed sometimes for four days straight — pregnant! – she explained. – While everybody was harassing me like, „You’re not gonna do it, we know you pregnant, your career’s over…“
After the passionate video was posted and subsequently deleted – Cardi then shared another cleaner reflection on her Instagram about all the work that went into making Invasion of Privacy, which was captured by before she deleted her account on Monday.
– Slept in the studio on leather sofas for 3 months straight, migraines, in Atlanta in Miami away from my family. I have 4 songs that couldn’t make the album cause my nose was so stuffy bro I was huffy puffy – Cardi captioned a congratulatory post from Chance the Rapper.
– This is overly deserved, the album was front-to-back hits. It would be inconceivable no to honor u last night – Chance, 25, who was featured on the project, wrote.
– I had @offsetyrn and @brooklyn.johnny reaching out to the world for a verse on top of that I was depress [sic] cause everybody was suspecting I was pregnant and I constantly kept reading Cardi you „STUPID“, „YOU RUINED YOUR CAREER“, „WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A BABY AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR CAREER“ – Cardi continued tagging her husband Offset.
– My album went #1 and spend [sic] 21 weeks straight on billboard top ten! Every song is gold or platinum or higher. I listen to my album and I cry because I know the hell I went thruu doing the album is always a bittersweet memory.
– THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED ME AND LISTEN. I’m thankful and grateful and again thank you to all the artist that gave me a feature – Cardi added.
While Cardi was busy defending her success and not at the cost of others, Nicki was dropping out of two scheduled BET events after the network appeared to insult her on social media on Sunday night during the 2019 Grammy Awards.
BET referenced Nicki while congratulating Cardi for her win for best rap album – the first time in history it’s ever been done by a solo female in a post that read – Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is being dragged by her lacefront.
Minaj, 36, took offense to the post, prompting her to announce on Monday that she had decided to scrap her appearance at BET Experience and BET Awards later this summer, which Cardi will also be participating in.
– Young Money will no longer be apart of the BET Experience or award show – she tweeted with hearts and a praying hand emoji. – Summer Tour dates dropping soon.