On Friday afternoon, Facebook and Instagram celebrate the Class of 2020 with a graduation livestream.
Hosted by The Office’s Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak, the Facebook Watch live stream included the likes of Cardi B, Selena Gomez, Oprah Winfrey, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Bell, Malala, Matthew McConaughey and many others.
A whole host of famous faces teamed up to congratulate the students who have been forced to miss their final year events, including prom and graduation, due to the coronavirus pandemic. And they weren’t ready to let the students finish school without a bang.
See below some of the guests appearance:
– Hey grads, it’s time to get some coins. After all, you’ve earned it.
– Don’t let no Coronavirus, no nothing, take this special moment from you – Cardi B shared.
– I also want to tell you guys it’s more than a diploma, it’s more than graduation, it’s knowledge, it’s knowing that you did it. Now you’re about to start your life, you’re about to make some money, you’re about to show your skills on what you worked for.
– Hey graduates, it’s more than okay to not know your exact next steps.
– I want to say it’s ok not to know what to do with the rest of your life. It’s a journey to find your direction or your passions, so don’t get frustrated by the mistakes and setbacks as they happen to all of us – Selena shared.
– You are indeed, the chosen class, for such a time as this, the Class of 2020. You’re also a united class, the pandemic class, that has the entire world striving to graduate with you – the talk-show host shared.
– But even though there may not be pomp because of our circumstances, never has a graduating class been called to step into the future with more purpose, vision, passion and energy and hope. Your graduation ceremony is taking place with so many luminaries celebrating you on the world’s Facebook stage, and I’m just honored to join them and salute you.
– I’m truly honored to celebrate each and every one of you high school and college seniors and all that you’ve accomplished – the singer shared during the stream.
– As I was thinking about you, the class of 2020 and how you inspire me, I knew I wanted to share this song with you. It feels full of a new meaning. Keep the faith, keep on moving, keep climbing.
– It’s not the moments of achievement or recognition that stick with you, it’s the getting there that you remember – “The Good Place” star shared.
– You think Ted Danson remembers what it’s like on the day that he won the Emmy? No.
– I know that we are heading into an uncertain future, and everyone says that things will not be the same as they were before, but I know they will be better – shared Pakistani Pashtun activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
– Because when we go through some tough challenges, we learn about who we are and what we value in our life. So, I’m hoping the future will be even better as we become more responsible people.
– You’re going to continue to learn for the rest of your life – the actor and college professor shared.
– The big learning is coming in the future for you. I promise you. The experiential learning, where you get to put what you’ve learned in school to task. This is when it gets fun, this is when it gets hard.
Here is the full list of guest appearances:
AdamRayOkay (as Rosa), Amy Schumer, Andy Cohen, AnnaSophia Robb, Antoni Porowski, Ashley Graham, Awkwafina, BJ Novak, Becky Lynch, Bailey Sok, Bobby Berk, Bretman Rock, Cardi B, Charles Melton, Chiney Ogwumike, Chris Paul, Chrissy Metz, Cookie Monster & Grover, Daddy Yankee, Damian Lillard, David Dobrik, David Oyelowo, Desus Nice & The Kid Mero, Dillon Francis, Diplo, Dixie D’Amelio, DJ Khaled, Drew McIntyre, Dude Perfect, Emily Ratajkowski, Gloria Estefan, Gordon Ramsay, Hailee Steinfeld, Huda & Mona Kattan, Jennifer Garner, Joshua Bassett, Julian Edelman, Kandi Burruss, Karamo Brown, Kofi Kingston, Kristen Bell, La La Anthony, Lacy Evans, Lana Condor, Lil Nas X, Lisa Leslie, Lisa Vanderpump, Lizzy Greene, Luis Fonsi, Luke Bryan, Marlee Matlin, Marshmello, Matthew McConaughey, Miley Cyrus, Milo Ventimiglia, Mindy Kaling, Nick Kroll, Olivia Rodrigo, Oprah Winfrey, Ronny Chieng, Roman Reigns, Sasha Banks, Selena Gomez, Simone Biles, Sterling K. Brown, Steve Aoki, Sofia Carson, Sofia Wylie, Steve Harvey, The Miz, Tim Tebow, Tori Kelly, Usher, Whitney Cummings, Wilmer Valderrama, Winnie Harlow and Yara Shahidi.